One day, I just decided to make these.
- 24 paper liners for cupcake pans
- 1 package plain yellow cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 package frozen cookie dough
1. Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners. Set the pans aside.
2. Mix together the cake mix, pudding mix, milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Spoon or scoop a heaping 1/4 cup batter into each lined cupcake cup, filling it two thirds of the way full. (You will get between 22 and 24 cupcakes; remove the empty liners, if any.) Cut the frozen dough pieces in half to make 24 pieces. Place a frozen cookie dough piece on top of each cupcake. Place the pans in the oven.
3. Bake the cupcakes until they are golden and spring back when lightly pressed with your finger, 23 to 27 minutes. Let cool before frosting.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frosting. (see below)
5. Place a heaping tablespoon of frosting on each cupcake and swirl to spread it out with a short metal spatula or a spoon, taking care to cover the tops completely. The cupcakes are ready to serve.
(recipe for cupcake mix from www.cakemixdoctor.com)
Cookie Dough Frosting
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar, plus 2 tbsp
- 2 tsp water
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ozs cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the cookie dough, cream the butter and brown sugar in a small bowl. Add water and vanilla and mix well. Add flour and salt and stir to combine. Stir in 1/3 cup Mini Morsels. Wrap the dough in waxed paper and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. Break dough into 1/4 teaspoon sized chunks and place the chunks on a plate or in a plastic container, separating layers with waxed paper.
Store them in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To make the frosting, in a medium bowl beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form (do not overbeat); set aside. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream. Fold the frozen cookie dough chunks into the frosting and immediately frost the cooled cupcakes.
(recipe for frosting from howtoeatacupcake.blogspot.com)
(extra: I made little chocolate chip cookies, from chocolate wafers and added them as a decoration to the top of the cupcake)